Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all transactions made on ST PAULS website and form a binding contract between you (the purchaser) and ST PAULS (the vendor) subject to English Law. By placing an order with ST PAULS you are deemed to have read these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
- 1. This website is administered by:ST PAULS by Westminster Cathedral
London, SW1P 1EP
Tel: 020 7828 5582
Fax: 020 7828 3329
Email: [email protected]
- 2. ST PAULS is the trading name of The Society of St Paul, a Registered Charity in the U.K.. Registration number 230948. V.A.T. registration number 207849641.
- 3. This site is copyright to ST PAULS. Any infringement of copyright will be pursued under law in the U.K. courts. Permission to reproduce anything on this site must be sought from ST PAULS prior to use.
- 4. Sales advisors are available between 9.30 hours and 18.00 hours (UK time), Monday to Saturday, excluding Public Holidays, on the above telephone number.
- 5. This web site, its contents, terms and conditions and contracts shall be governed by and defined in accordance with English Law. Those who access the site from other locations other than the U.K. are responsible for compliance with their local laws and taxes (including import taxes) as applicable.
- 6. Users of this website are responsible for the security of their own identity, including passwords, within any and every area of this website.
- 7. ST PAULS is not responsible for any typographical error made by users on any area of this website.
- 8. ST PAULS is not responsible for any interruption in transmission, display faults or any other mechanical or electronic defects of this website, or caused by this website. Should interruptions in transmission be due to upgrading or maintenance by ST PAULS, we will endeavour to notify users.
- 9. To order goods from this site you must be least 18 years of age.
- 10. All goods advertised are strictly subject to availability.
- 11. ST PAULS is not responsible for any changes in size, colour, format, materials, design or other manufacturing changes made by the supplier of goods advertised on our website.
- 12. By authorising payment and submitting your order on the checkout screen, you are agreeing to purchase goods at the price stated and subject to our terms and conditions.
- 13. All prices are shown in GB Pounds Sterling and, where indicated, are subject to V.A.T. at 20.0%.
- 14. Postage and packing charges are subject to the advertised rates.
- 15. Postage on orders for customers outside of the United Kingdom are charged at cost. Prices are not quoted on our website at the time of ordering, but you will be notified of shipping costs prior to despatch..
- 16. ST PAULS accepts on-line payment by credit and debit cards, including MasterCard, Visa, Maestro and JCB.
- 17. Payments are transacted in GB Pounds Sterling. ST PAULS is not responsible for currency conversion rates or charges applied by the purchaserâ€™s card issuing company.
- 18. No goods will be despatched until payment authorisation has been received by the purchaser's card issuing company.
- 19. ST PAULS is not responsible for any credit/debit card transactions authorised by any card issuing company which are later found to be a fraudulent transaction against the cardholder.
- 20. ST PAULS aims to despatch all orders within 48 hours of receipt if the goods are in stock. If an item is temporarily out of stock we shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay in delivering goods to the purchaser.
- 21. Goods are despatched from ST PAULS either by Royal Mail or transworld courier, depending on the size of the order, and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the respective carrier.
- 22. ST PAULS reserves the right to postpone or cancel despatch of your order if we have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered, if we do not deliver in your area, if one or more of the goods ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error, or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers, or if your payment is not authorised by your card issuing company.
- 23. If you do not receive the goods ordered within 30 days from the date of receiving confirmation of placing your order (provided that you are ordering from the U.K. and without notification from us of a possible delay) you must notify us that you have not received the goods within 40 days of the date on which you received confirmation of your order.
- 24. ST PAULS reserves the right to refuse the supply of goods at its discretion.
- 25. ST PAULS will refund or replace all faulty goods resulting from manufacturing faults provided notice of fault(s) is given to us within seven days of receipt of the goods.
- 26. If the purchaser is not satisfied with the goods received for any reason, other than manufacturers imperfections, ST PAULS should receive a request to return within seven days of receipt of the goods. Return of such goods, refunds, credit or compensation offered will be at the sole discretion of the vendor.
- 27. Any goods returned, other than goods with manufacturing defects, must be received by ST PAULS in perfect condition with the original packaging, within 7 days of the purchaser requesting their return.
- 28. Goods returned for a refund or credit must be in perfect condition in their original packaging with all tags and labels attached. For computer programs, CDs and DVDs, the original sealed packaging must remain unopened and intact. No refunds are made for downloadable format material, dated items, or seasonal material.
- 29. It is the purchaser's responsibility to check the goods upon receipt. If goods are delivered damaged by the courier the purchaser must inform ST PAULS immediately on 020 7828 5582. If you do not inform us immediately we shall have no liability for goods said to be damaged upon delivery.
- 30. All returns should be accompanied by a signed letter from the purchaser, stating the reason for return, together with a copy of the original invoice.
- 31. ST PAULS will not issue credits for correctly supplied books that are returned without properly authorisation. For all goods returned without proper authorisation ST PAULS reserves the right to dispose of such goods as they see fit without the issue of any refund, credit or compensation.
- 32. Title and ownership of the goods shall not pass to the purchaser until ST PAULS has been paid in full.
- 33. ST PAULS do not supply or sell purchasers details to any outside organisation. We may choose to do so in the future with trustworthy third parties, or may agree to allow them to include relevant promotional material in one of our mailings or on our website.
- 34. ST PAULS does not accept responsibility for any website which may act as a portal to our site or is connected to our site by a link.
- 35. If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be excluded and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions.
- 36. Any disputes not resolved by normal complaints procedure will be resolved exclusively under English Law in the courts of England and Wales.
- 37. All images, descriptive material, specifications and advertising are for the sole purpose of giving an approximate description of goods or services in order to assist your purchasing decision. Images may not show the actual size or colour etc. of items.
- 38. These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights
- 39. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice.